IMPLEMENTATION OF STRATEGIES
The following broad strategies/approaches shall be applied by KRD for its programme implementation and organizational management
- Institutional development, learning and innovation: KRD will make deliberate efforts to develop dynamic ways of acquisition and utilization of resources. The organization will undertake various reflections, appraisals, evaluations, and assessments aimed at highlighting areas of improvement and working towards improving the same.
- Financial sustainability– in order to ensure its own financial sustainability, KRD shall focus on widening its financial base via additional donors with view to guaranteeing continuity and stability of initiated projects. Efforts shall be made to ensure resource diversity with regards to sources of funding, contract periods and typology of projects (balancing emergency and structural development projects)
- Community empowerment: in order that the ability of the community groups to own and continue the various programmes is enhanced through community mobilization, sensitization, and dialogue and capacity development. Financial or other resource contributions will be emphasized where feasible to ensure ownership and commitment towards projects.
- DCM/CMDRR approach: KRD will pursue a drought circle management and community managed disaster risk reduction approach with deliberate efforts made to link relief activities during emergencies with those of structural development during normalcy (including preparedness and rehabilitation phases)
- Conflict sensitive approach: KRD uses a conflict sensitive approach in its project implementation to ensure that projects and interventions do not create further tensions between target communities. Criteria for beneficiary selection will be established through a transparent and fair process.
- Mainstreaming: KRD shall promote gender, environmental awareness and cross-cutting issues to be mainstreamed into the project activities particularly gender consideration will be taken into account in all project activities while people living with HIV/AIDS as wells as other special interest groups such as persons with disabilities will be given special attention in all project activities.
- Documentation and dissemination: KRD shall document positive stories, lessons learnt; success stores and case studies from Somalia such as success of peace building and community based natural resources management systems and celebrate these as examples of national achievement.